Friday, January 06, 2006

Some fun String Quilts

I was talking (ok emailing) with Bonnie today and I had to share with her 2 quilts a new member in our quilt guild brought in Wednesday night for Show and Tell. Of course I thought of her right away! They were wonderful! (Oh and Bonnie in Show and Tell pictures, 2nd row under Show and Tell - that is the Nan who is on some lists with you - oh she loves your stuff and style! You should see the things she does with nickel swaps and stash!)

Anyway, here are the 2 string quilts she made - wish I could think of her name - sorry.

Then I noticed on Sharon's blog that she is going to the Empty Spools seminar and just changed a class to take a Gwen Marsten class - NO FAIR! Oh how I would love to go there but mostly take a class from Gwen Marsten. Anyway I had to check out what her class description was and OHHHHH - look at that quilt! Oh Baby!

Oh my goodness - I just hopped over to Gwen's website and she is going to be in IL later in Jan! It is quite a ways away from my house - but I could make it a day trip and play hooky from work!!! I'll have to check that out!

6 comments from wonderful readers:

YankeeQuilter said...

The way I look at it men take time of work to golf all the time...so if we slip out a few times a year for a great "quilting opportunity" it is only fair. Hope you get to go to Gwen's class!

Nines said...

Thanks for sharing! I am trying to get caught up on my blogging and I see that you have been very busy!!! i love the punchneedle- I have never seen it done with floss- only wool. Very nice and very "you." The raffle quilts are amazing. Now onto something really fun, huh?

Lucy said...

To a class of Gwen Marston... I come over for that!!:c) I have now borrowed the book from her and saw also the quilt with teh four patch. It is antique and so great . That is also how I find my new tulip blocks. mmmm to many ideas

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

That is my biggest dream..to hang out with Gwen for a day!!

Bonnie

Tonya Ricucci said...

Thanks for the pics of the string quilts. You're so lucky to have talented quilters to hang out with and post their stuff for them.
I was looking at Gwen's schedule too - she's doing a mediterranean cruise that would be really easy for me to get to. Unfortunately she's only teaching three little classes. Oh, and it would cost a couple of thousand dollars. D'oh!!! Shot that right down. Looked at the retreats in Sept too, but don't think we're going to be back in the states then. Heavy sigh.Just have to keep rereading her books and blogging with ya'all.

Play hooky and go see Gwen for all of us, Dawn!!!

Darcie said...

Oohhhhh! I know you'll keep us informed, Dawn, about your Gwen-meeting-opportunity!

I love the quilts you pictured...especially the middle pic. That one just speaks to me.