Friday, January 13, 2006

Tonya's Hugs and Kisses

I've been eyeing Tonya's hugs and kisses quilt she is making - man I am loving the colors and I am not a bright vivid color person. But those are wonderful. And I love, love, love her border fabric. I like the extra X's but I"m not sold on the one border on the left side only. So I figured I can't say I don't like it without suggesting something else - which may create some other really fun design.

I think the border fabric has to stay big at least in parts to keep that awesome design and colors. So I was thinking something maybe like this where there is big parts of border (and maybe a bit of small), but not really border. Any thoughts?

Oh by the way, the big white open area where I stuck the X's and O's will all be her X's and O's, I was just too lazy to fill it all in!

3 comments from wonderful readers:

The Calico Cat said...

I like the two "L's" idea. (I used that with an inner border... One was a tad bit "larger" that the other for some other interest.)

Darcie said...

I love anything that is unexpected...rules-challenged...asymetrical.... (Except for haircuts!) Can't wait to see the real thing!

I'm so behind with blogging. You've been so busy, Dawn...way to go!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Actually, I'm pretty impressed with your graphic design - I'm not on good enough terms with my computer to be able to come up with something like that. Looks cool.
Don't worry - I'm not committed to any particular border decision yet.