Tuesday, February 07, 2006

2 more Punch Needle Pictures Done!

I finished 2 more punch needle pictures! Actually one of them was done over a month ago, but it was for my very special and sweet friend in Australia who reads my blog, so I didn't want her to see it! She now has it in her hands and I can share it. It is the one above of the pot of flowers with the quilt triangles around it. Isn't it great!


The one with the sheep is for the local quilt shop for display for a class I'm going to teach on it! I think it is so adorable with the sheep. I used wool for the sheep and love the texture and look, I wish I would have made the wool punches a bit longer! But I can always do another one! But not for awhile! I need to get back to quilting!

Geez, I finally found some time last night to browse the ring and can you believe it - just as I started going around they turned blogger off for maintenance! Arghhhh! So I"m off to try and catch up a bit more before too many people get into work!

14 comments from wonderful readers:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

The punchies are great!! I think you will have alot of fun teaching the class...way to go!

Bonnie

Kairle Oaks said...

Your needle punch is so awesome! I've been thinking about taking a class. I should at least give it a try!

I had the same problem with blogger the other night. Bummer!
Kairle

Quiltgranny said...

These are so wonderful! Maybe you could come here and teach me how to do this? Nahhhhh - I really don't need another thing to get me hooked on fibers! LOL! But you *could* make one for me - or how about all your blogger buddies? VBG

Laura said...

These are great Dawn, do you frame them yourself?

antique quilter said...

these are so cute, I am still fighting the urge to start making these...its hard everytime I see a new one of yours!
Love the house with the sheep :)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Oh - you make starting a new hobby soooo tempting. Really great to see these all finished.... and FRAMED!!! Way to go. I just went to the photo shop today and bought some photo frames - it will be good to have some favorites on the WALL instead of on the computer screen. I really like your pictures and I am sure your friend was really surprised!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Cher said...

very cute and yes, those sheep are adorable!

Granny said...

Those are so cute. I've never tried it and would love to.

Judy

Patti said...

What wonderful little pictures Dawn! (Note to self - repeat after me. No, you don't need another hobby. No you don't. No. No.)

Patty said...

those are beautiful ! I love the one with the sheep especially. We have raised sheep and I spin so I suspect I am a bit partial to the critters

Tonya Ricucci said...

They're great fun, Dawn. Esp like the sheep with the house and the way you've framed it.

Tonya Ricucci said...

They're great fun, Dawn. Esp like the sheep with the house and the way you've framed it.

quiltpixie said...

These are simply wonderful.... yet another fiber art to add to the list of "someday"

Lucy said...

Wait Dawn, I come and take a class;c) .. They are adorable!!!