Saturday, February 04, 2006

Some pics for Tracey....

I see Tracey just got the 4 block quilts book by Gwen! (Yes I'm finally catching up!) So I thought I would post some pics of the applique quilts I got to see last week during Gwen's talk.


My favorite is the 4 eagles. I have no idea why, but I just love the way it looks and I've always wanted to do an eagle quilt.


But look at these others! They are nothing to sneeze at either! I loved seeing all of them so much!

8 comments from wonderful readers:

Tonya Ricucci said...

I'd lost my copy of the applique book for awhile, but found it again (great relief). But you got to see these in person! Love the strong colors on the white background - very stunning.

antique quilter said...

I love all these quilts I can't believe you got to see all these in person....I LOVE that eagle quilt too and have wanted to do a 4 block eagle quilt for a VERY LONG time, maybe this is the year to do it.
thank you for sharing all these pictures.
hope there are more to come :)

Lucy said...

I become more and more jealous. You have seen all these quilts in real !!! The book is indeed very good from Gwen . I have it too;c)

Kairle Oaks said...

Thanks for the virtual quilt show. Sure wish I could have been there to see the quilts in person. You obviously had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

Quiltgranny said...

Wowsers! Aren't they all stunning? CA is getting closer for me - I wonder if she will have all of them there, too?

Finn said...

Great pictures Dawn, you did a good job with the photo opt!! I'm ot into applique, but it's wonderful to look at..*VBS*

Tracey said...

OH WOW DAWN!!!! *Thank you*!! Aren't those just gorgeous? For some reason, the 4 basket one really jumped out at me right now...and that wasn't one of my favorites from the book. Huh!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I love the one with the chrome yellow background! That is NO SUBTLE QUILT! *LOL*

Bonnie