Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A new wall hanging top

Here is another project I worked on this weekend. It is a small wall hanging for a quilting club I teach at the local quilt shop. The original pattern had only the stars and moon. So I added the little sun - you've seen that block before on one of my posts!

This little quilt is going to go to a friend of mine who has a birthday in May - if I get it quilted in time! :) But can't say her name because she may be reading this! I'm safe - every quilting friend I have has a birthday in May! Why is that?

10 comments from wonderful readers:

Patti said...

This turned out so perfectly - I love the sun that you added!

antique quilter said...

this looks wonderful....btw my birthday is in July

Granny said...

Great wall hanging and a lovely gift. Too bad my birthday is in June or I'd be thinking maybe it was for me! :)

Judy L.

tami said...

It's beautiful. Want to adopt me as a friend? My birthday is in August so you would have another month to work with. :c)

Tonya Ricucci said...

you did a great job balancing all the blocks. Love the star on the moon.

Laura said...

Great quilt Dawn, oh and by the way my birthday is May 5th!

Lucy said...

This is so georgeous !! I love the colors you used .. Are the farbrics from moda?

Miriam said...

i love the fabrics and colors on this one.

Anonymous said...

Love the colours in this little quilt. P.S. I'm a May baby too, hint hint LOL.

Darcie said...

Your little wall hanging is adorable. I love the sunshine block that you've added...it was meant to be!