Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Suggestions for an Angel....

No, I"m not suggesting I"m an angel, but feel free to call me one if you want to! I"m quilting a very primitive/folk art quilt and am at a loss for what to quilt in/on the angels head. I don't want cutsey since this is primitve. But the head is too big to leave unquilted, but not so big that it has to have a lot.
So any suggestions for an Angel.... head.

Oh by the way, I'll be unveiling blocks as I complete/work on them. I don't want to give the whole thing away right now - I"ll be working on this for a long, long time so I need something to keep me motivated!

6 comments from wonderful readers:

QuiltingFitzy said...

I'm certainly NO expert, but I'd like to see an oval (with the bottom smaller than the top) to resemble the shape of a human face.

Or....how about the centered silouette line that mimicks the forehead-bridge of the nose-mouth-chin.

Can't wait to see the outcome!

Patti said...

Check the faces on primitive dolls - the kind Rosemary makes. Maybe just two big french knot type stitches for eyes and a slash for a mouth - no nose?

Tonya Ricucci said...

I like the idea of an oval. I'm not much help I'm afraid - love the wavy angel wings.

antique quilter said...

how about a reflection of the halo?
or just wavy lines vertical to resemble hair and make the angel appear as that is her back to you!

Lily Mulholland said...

I would keep it very simple too. Like the idea of wavy lines to represent hair - I'm thinking pale blonde/straw. You could have quite a low part so that very little of the face is showing and you could have just a slash for the mouth. Or a cupid's bow - but maybe too cute?

Laura said...

I know what this quilt is, I have it done and it needs quilted also. I am agreeing with quiltingfitzy in that I think an oval would work.