Thursday, February 16, 2006

Some scrap projects from the past....

Kathie and I were chatting today about scraps - what's new huh! :) Anyway, she is using her leftover squares from her liberated star quilt to make those 25-patches. This made me remember about 3 years ago when I made doll quilts to go with some cute primitive dolls I bought at a craft type store.
I requested 4 dolls to be made in plaid/primitive colors and asked if I could have some scraps to make quilts to go with them. The lady was agreeable and I made 4 16-patch doll quilts to go with the dolls for Christmas presents. And can you believe it - I can find pictures of only 2 of them. Oh well.
Anyway, Thanks Kathie for the memory!

AhhAAA! Found the 3rd one.....

8 comments from wonderful readers:

Laura said...

I love doll quilts! I really like the one with the black sashing.

Finn said...

Great looking doll quilts Dawn, maybe you can cut for another little quilt when you start on your dressmakers scrap quilt. I know some aren't enough..but maybe??

Patty said...

Those doll quilts are wonderful. I think a big one would go perfect in my living room ! I am going to keep them in my mind when choosing colors.

Tonya Ricucci said...

These are wonderful, Dawn. Did you really give them all away? How incredibly sweet you are.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

The dollies are sweet! I just love the toes and heels on their stockings.....CUTE!!

Bonnie

Kairle Oaks said...

The dolls and quilts look so cute together.

quiltpixie said...

As te song says three out of four aint bad.... These are very cute. What was the colour theme of the fourth?

Unknown said...

wonderful ...