Sunday, February 12, 2006

Give me Liberty!

I finally got to play today! And I finally found time to try more of Tonya's letters! I created the word Liberty! Tommorow I'll show you a bit more of the quilt I"m working on. But for today - LIBERTY!

Oh the biggest challenge with these was I had to make it fit in a specific spot and I had never done lower case letters. It was easier when I could follow Tonya's tutorial for the letter. Thank goodness Tonya had drawn out what lower case letters for Liberty would look like so I could kind of mimic her drawing!

Thank You Tonya! I could never have done it without you!

8 comments from wonderful readers:

antique quilter said...

Love this Dawn, oh I see a patriotic quilt coming??????
can't wait to see the whole quilt and your letters are perfect!
I am wanting to try these too.
I want to make a quilt like Bonnie's shoo fly quilt and do words in the border....

quiltpixie said...

Your letters look great! I too have been working on letters, some lowercase, but haven't tackled the idea of fitting them in a set space....

Patti said...

Well done Dawn! Can't wait to see what kind of patriotic quilt goes along with these!

Finn said...

Great letters Dawn, and WHAT do you mean you couldn't do it..??? I don't want to hear that..of course you can!! Just jump in, the water is fine..Hugs, Finn

Tonya Ricucci said...

Hey, I'm with Finn - I don't want to hear that negativity either. I KNOW you can do it. And you did do it (and could have even without the extra bit of help). I have every confidence in you.

Liberty looks GREAT!

Lucy said...

What a great letters !! You made them very good very clear! I think I need once to try them too :c)

Darcie said...

Woohooo, Dawn!!! "Liberty" looks terrific!!! Good for you!

Kairle Oaks said...

Great job! I have a quilt that I need a few word for. I'm getting more and more inspired! Great work!
Kairle