Friday, February 03, 2006

While I'm waiting for databases to load

So I'm sitting her at work on a Friday night at 7pm all alone. Decided I would take a few minutes to show you something really cool.

I get an email from the International Quilt Study Center in Lincoln Nebraska each month with a "Quilt of the Month". These are antique quilts in their collection and I love them! And the website is a wonder of beautiful antique quilts.

Guess what this months quilt was! Basically it was a liberated log cabin quilt! It is called Cotton Crazy and from far away looks like a crazy quilt but up close it is really liberated log cabins (circa 1890-1910)! Now how cool is that since I just took Gwen's class! Isn't it a great quilt! And look - just like my fabrics - ok almost (up to 16 blocks now)!


I also wanted to share with you Gwen's liberated baskets quilt that Kathie is working on! I was so excited to see it up close and personal! So Kathie - these are for you!




2 comments from wonderful readers:

Tonya Ricucci said...

hey, how can there be zero comments? I left one yesterday....

Your liberated log cabin is looking soooo fun - glad you're still finding time to work on it. yeah, i love that crazy log cabin too from the IQSC too. And gorgeous basket quilt from Gwen. Love the pieced background - nice touch.

Glad you're back in action!

antique quilter said...

OH OH OH OH OH
aaaahhhhhh aaaaahhhhh
I want to get back to my liberated baskets NOW, but am determined to finish the liberated stars first...so maybe by next weekend.
I am having fun with the liberated stars quilt so not like it is torture, I think it more torture that knowing that you got to see all these quilts in person and I didn't! LOL
I am very thankful you are sharing all these pictures.