Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I finished a UFO!

Believe it or not I actually finished (ok finished a top) UFO last night! I got this quilt from a secret sister a few years ago. So I've had the center portion done for about 2 years. Each month she gave me the fabric and the pattern for one block. She didn't want me to guess the pattern so she rewrote all the instructions on paper each month! Then at the end I got the book it came from. So a month ago my LQS decided they wanted me to do this as a "club" quilt next year so it gave me the kick I needed to do the border! Finished it last night! It is off to the quilter's this weekend!
I"m also going to make a string star quilt like Bonnie and Lucy made - question now is can I find their posts with the pictures! I started sewing some strips last night, and the green in the background is going to be my setting fabric. It is the most awesome muddy moss green color!

And now that it is weeks later, I finally got all my Paducah pictures posted on webshots. You can view them here in 2 albums: Album 1 and Album 2.

And in case anyone is interested - the "club" I ran this year at the Quilt Shop had their show and tell last night on their quilt tops. This was the Sunshine on my Shoulders quilt I made last year above and then I redid a variation in 30s fabrics this year below. Go check them out - they turned out wonderful!

12 comments from wonderful readers:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wheee look at you getting stuff done and having fun. I hope this means things have finally eased up at work for ya. Good to see you sewing away.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wheee look at you getting stuff done and having fun. I hope this means things have finally eased up at work for ya. Good to see you sewing away.

Quiltgranny said...

And it goes to prove how very different a quilt can look done in different colorways! And I love the border on the first quilt you show - simple, but complex! Cmgrats!

Cher said...

good to see a ufo bite the dust-you did great on those borders. loved the demise of sunbonnet sue you came up with too....

Katie said...

Oh I think that first quilt pattern might just be the basis for a black and white quilt I've been wanting to make. What is the name of the book?

YankeeQuilter said...

Love your fabric choices! Remember a top is a finish-2!

Sio

Laura said...

Your students quilts are wonderful. I can't believe they all got so far!

Judy said...

Somehow I missed your blog the other day as I went down my list of those to check!!! Boy did I missed some GREAT quilts!! I like both of these quilts..although I do admit to liking the applique blocks in the more homespun colors. Wonderful!

Congrats on finishing up the UFO too. It's a wonderful quilt and the border makes it all sing!!

Finn said...

Wow Dawn, you have been one busy gal,even since you got back! I love your Sunshine quilts, and hurray for a UFO top done..it looks wonderful!!

Darcie said...

Yeah!!!!! I have to go check our webshots out. Job well done, Dawn! Give yourself a pat on the back!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I love making the same quilt pattern in different colors! It is always so fun to see the difference. Love the big sun block on those. Great for finishing a UFO - the borders came out nicely. And Sunbonnet Sue - too funny. She looks a little bit like a Hitty doll - sweet.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Jeanne said...

Good job! The UFO top is from a book named Grandm'as Something-or-other, right? Someone in my friendship group did it a few years ago as her Pass the Basket project for the year.
Jeanne