Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I'm weeding through pictures.....

I'm slowly weeding through my pictures, so I have a few more to share with you today. They are in no special order as I'm just sizing them down in the order I took them. I have over 400 pictures, so I need to size them down before I can get them loaded onto webshots!

The first quilt is a Gwen Like Liberated Log cabin! Of course I had to share that with you all! And I loved the dark colors!
I also love coxcomb quilts! I really liked the colors and simplicity of this quilt. Not too much, just right.
But if I had to pick an all time favorite, I LOVE a great feathered star quilt. And isn't this one great! I just loved the colors and design. Once again, just enough, not too little, not too much going on. I loved the flowers!

And isn't this Pink Carnation quilt awesome! I"m not always into the pastels, but the flowers on this one are so unique, and the colors work great together. I also loved the quilting.




And aren't these leaves/plant just wonderful! I love the geometry of the design in this one, and the colors are wonderful. Not sure exactly what draws my eye to this one, but it always grabs my attention. I really loved it.
And last but not least is me captured in the back room at Hancock's of Paducah where they put the remains of the bolts folded up on the sale table. $2.98 a yard! I crammed fabric in for backings! Can't beat that price and it all was recent name brand stuff! See how happy I was!

9 comments from wonderful readers:

YankeeQuilter said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. I love simple (!) applique vines around a quilt. The quilting in the carnations looks great too. Anytime you can get name brand fabric under 3 bucks a yard you'd be losing money not to buy it!
Sio

KC Quilter said...

Oh, Dawn, thanks for sharing those gorgeous photos. I didn't get to go to Paducah this year, sniff sniff! I especially love the Gwen liberated log cabin--I am such a fan of hers!!!

I think we were on a couple of online groups together--Pat Sloan and PrimFolkApplique? (Vera in KC)

Cher said...

great, great quilts...I too love the feathered star...

Darcie said...

Oooh! Great eye candy, Dawn! I love each and every one that you photographed!

Nice purchases too! Good for you...with prices like that, it paid for your trip! (Right?!)

Lily Mulholland said...

I am amazed by quilts like the carnation one where so much time and care is taking in getting the quilting right. It's just so sculptural and textural I love it. One day when I grow up I want to make such a knock-out quilt too!

Thanks for sharing some of your (oh my goodness) 400 photos with us!

And you do look very happy with your booty!

Quiltgranny said...

I love every one of the pics where you showed the quilting. So many wonderful ideas they had, and when it's time for me to do quilting, I just never seem to see that whole big picture like that. What talent!

Your basket of treasures look great - and so do you!

ForestJane said...

*drooling at your basket of fabric*

Someday I'm going to go to Paducah just for the fabric stores, especially the big Hancock's. :)

Looks like you got some great colors!

Katie said...

Oh.... Thanks for the arm chair tour. So... great pics and quilts. I've been toying with doing more applique and this is so inspirational. Thanks so much.

Tonya Ricucci said...

The colors are really dynamic and I love the combination of applique and piecing on that coxcomb. The plant leaves are remarkable. Sooo wish I could have been there buying fabric with you - luckily our tastes are completely different so we wouldn't have been fighting over the same pieces. have fun washing and ironing it all - ugh.