Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Snakes with Wings?

Remember the Snakes with Wings project???!!!!


Well the snakes and wings now have flowers and a flower pot! This block took me a long time to applique - not that I worked on it real hard! Doesn't it look great!

And here is what I have done so far for this quilt - although the star blocks on the bottom were the first blocks that got made and since then I've changed my color scheme a bit so I need to remake them with less gold.

13 comments from wonderful readers:

Laura said...

Dawn is this the Millennium quilt? I think I have this one started also. I love how you are doing it in lighter tones.

Lucy said...

Ohh Dawn this is awesome !!!!What a great fabrics!!

KC Quilter said...

Wow, I love this quilt!!! Who is the designer? Looks like a must-have!

Finn said...

The single block just finished looks wonderful! And I love all of what you have done so far. I hope those goldish stars can be apart of some other quilt....they are very fine looking stars!!!!

Katie said...

Yah, great blocks and great work. What is the pattern?

Tonya Ricucci said...

The block is marvelous and I love the whole thing. Am glad those gold stars aren't going in - I love the rest of the colors. Well, I like the gold stars too, just not with the others.

Ann said...

How pretty. I loved the "snakes with wings". That is just to funny. This is going to be one beautiful quilt when you are finished. And you have the beginnings of another one with the star blocks you plan to replace! I agree, they don't belong in this quilt, but I'm sure they'll find a happy home in another somewhere.

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, these are so, so pretty and wonderful. Wish they were sitting on my carpet and that I had done them. What pattern is this??

Patty said...

Oh oh oh I love it Dawn ! I am such a fan of crows so they really caught my eye. But the colors and the designs are exceptional, along with your perfect work !

Judy said...

Dawn, it's wonderful! I love the whole thing! Your work is wonderful!

ForestJane said...

I like the oak leaves in a row, and the flower with the 'pinked' edges in the lower left of the layout. :)

YankeeQuilter said...

Love the use of purples! A great quilt!

Siobhan

Darcie said...

Love it, love it, love it Dawn! Your new color scheme is so very pleasing to my eyes. You are so talented with color. And your applique! WOW!