Monday, May 01, 2006

I"m back from Paducah!!!

I"m back and much more tired and poorer than when I left!!! Laura and I had a WONDERFUL time - well, ok, I had an awesome time, not sure I can speak for Laura, but I think she had a good time!

The top picture is Me, Laura and Betty, an internet friend we have known for years and met at Hancock's of Paducah! This was in the entrance to the back room where all the flat folds of remaining yardage is cut and layed on tables. The first day it was $3.98 a yard and I picked up a few reproduction fabrics I found. The next 2 days I ended up with about 62 yards at $2.98 per yard! I found multiples of the same fabrics and they are going to be pieced together for some backings I needed! Can't beat that! The 2nd picture is me and another internet friend from the same group as the first picture. I ran into Paula at the DMC booth in the pool atrium! We had never met before in person either, so it was so much fun. Paula was the one who told me to go to that booth before I left and when I stopped it just happened she was there at the same time!
The book is a quilt journal Laura made for me to keep all my quilt notes in! Isn't it awesome! I love it to death. Of course I bought tons more and took lots of pictures of quilts, but I'm busy unpacking and doing laundry - so I'll leave you with these quilt pictures from the show for now. I'll be back tomorrow with more news.

9 comments from wonderful readers:

Judy said...

Wow, what great deals and what great quilts! 62 yards!!!???!!! WOW.

I love seeing the 2 color quilt. I am going to try this year to plan a 2 color quilt and get started on it in 2007. They look so wonderful! Glad you had a good time!

Cher said...

guess you must have a lot more room to store fabric...62 yards is a lot of fabric! glad you were able to meet up with Laura and other friends and have too much fun!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Welcome back - so thrilled you had a great time. 62 yards of fabric - the real question is, are you a pre-washer or is it ready to be used? The last big quilt show I went to I bought 40 yds and let me tell ya, I was not paying those kind of prices. I love Hancocks of Paducah - what a store.

Tracey said...

Oh my gosh...that second quilt down is GORGEOUS!!! It looks very close to one that I saw in Lancaster at a booth (no pics allowed) that I just loved.
So glad that you had so much fun! :o)

Laura said...

I definately had a wonderful time!!! Glad you made it home safely. I don't envy you getting all that fabric washed!

Quiltgranny said...

Lucky you - I love the back room at Hancocks! And thanks for sharing the quilt pictures toO!

Lucy said...

Ohh Dawn , lovely quilts and it sounds that you have had a wonderfull time !!

Lily Mulholland said...

Welcome back Dawn! So that's what you look like!!!!!!

Sounds like you and Laura had a great time and oh my goodness that's a lot of fabric! You are never going to run out of projects. Love the quilt photos too - I'm with Judy - love the two-colour quilt. I really do have a thing for them!

Looking forward to hearing some more stories!

The Calico Cat said...

Did you do your webshots yet? (I am a junkie, ya know!)