Friday, September 22, 2006

The Canisters get finished! Step 3

So here you are - the end to the canister instructions! I can't wait to see what you all make!

Next take the inside lining piece and turn it right side out. Then place the lining piece inside the outside piece (which is still inside out). Sew top edges together with about a 1/2" seam leaving about 4" open.
Turn canister right side out through opening, and shape bottom. Smooth up outside and lining pieces up. Lining will stick above the outside.

Flip down the lining piece to cover unstitched opening and top stitch around canister to hold the fold in place.

And there you have it - a cute fabric canister!

6 comments from wonderful readers:

Hedgehog said...

Thanks! Sounds like a good weekend project!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Too fun! You did a great job with step-by-step photos and directions. I just showed it to DH and he thinks they would make great Christmas presents in Austria... as we tend to exchange small, handmade gifts there... Ah yes, got to pack some novelties and batting in the box that is getting shipped over there for my winter entertainment!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Libby said...

I'm going to take a look around and see if I can't find some fun fabric to make one of these. I can see all sorts of uses *s*

Judy said...

Very cool canisters Dawn! Everything is looking so great. I should thave told you ealier that I really like the new look of the blog. More calm and I love the crows! Makes it very enjoyable to come over and read a spell! Your sewing groups sound like such fun!

Lucy said...

This is so fun. I want to make one too :-)

Lily Mulholland said...

Did I say how much I LOVE that gingerbread man fabric?