Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My new baby!!!!

Here she is, my new baby! Thank you Norm and Linda for finding these and test driving them! I"m dying to sew on mine but I bought this with what Norm called my Rat hole money - money Mark doesn't know I have stashed away! So I"m patiently (ok not so patiently waiting for him to leave the house so I can play with it!). We have several large bills due this month, so this is not the month for him to "see" this!

Linda has gotten to sew on it and says it sews lovely. The case doesn't smell like a lot of featherweights and the bed of the machine is hardly scratched! It is beautiful! They said it was one of the better featherweights they have found at auctions!
I finally got a chance to take some pics so I couldn't wait to share them with you! Don't you love the design inside the case! It even has all the original feet and book! It looks like it was hardly ever used!

13 comments from wonderful readers:

Darlene said...

She's a real beauty. Enjoy her and I'll keep your secret from your DH. ;-)

Patti said...

Oh Dawn - you will absolutely love this machine. You'll want to use it for all your piecing - I know I do. Hopefully you can figure out a way to sneak some time for her - it's got to be killing you to wait!

Hope you post some pictures of the retreat!

Brigitte said...

Congratulation and WELCOME in the FW community :-)
YES I am the lucky owner of a FW also ..........
let us see the plate, please
hugs from Brigitte in Germany

quiltpixie said...

what a beautiful featherweight. I trust you'll love its sewing ability as much as the design/care its had :-)

Unknown said...

Lucky you - the case of mine smells like the sump oil of a London Bus! but I still love it although I don't get it out to play as often as I should - laziness - mental note to do so! Enjoy your new baby!

KC Quilter said...

I am the lucky owner of two of those little babies myself. Nothing sews a straight stitch like a Featherweight! Congrats to you!!!

Rae said...

What a pritty baby

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I like your new look for fall on your blog!

Enjoy your new FW! Looks MINT to me!!!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Lily Mulholland said...

Dawn you are so naughty!!

What a collector's find!

Lucy said...

OOhh Dawn , She is a beauty!! I have a featherweight too . They are so cute . only I grab to my pfaff for sewing. I don't know why . Please talk me into the featherwewight !!!!I need to used it! Now it is for display at my mantelpiece..

Judy said...

I just bought one too and I am waiting NOT patiently for it to arrive here at my house!!

Can't wait to sew either!

Angie said...

Oh, I am so jealous of the quilt retreat AND the Featherweight!!! I would love to be able to get together with quilty friends and do nothing but sew, eat, talk, laugh, sew some more, on and on!!! Sounds like you guys had a blast!!

I want a Featherweight!!! :( And I truly understand about not wanting DH to see it yet....if I were to stumble upon one and bought it...well, the same thing is going on in our house right now, too, with some larger bills to be paid. :)

If you, or Linda, or Laura come across another one, I would most definitely be interested in it! :)

And I love, love, love your new Fall web design. :)

Angie said...

Oh, and I forgot, your quilt from the retreat is gorgeous!! Love those colors!