Saturday, September 16, 2006

Today's Play

I have a friend who does mamograms so when I made my gingerbread quilt top I thought - oh wouldn't a think pink ribbon one be cute! So today I made a quilt top for my friend for a surprise Monday night at our small group sew-in. I hope she likes it!

I also found a picture of the other flying geese quilt from camp! So here it is. Dark sashing and borders like mine, but colored geese! Aren't these just too fun!


Also here is a strippy bar quilt from my old, old, old craft fabric stash. Figured it would work as a charity quilt and still be loved by someone. I got this done at camp also. More tomorrow.

8 comments from wonderful readers:

Libby said...

More great quilts -- Think Pink is just perfect. With each of the flying geese quilts you show, I am getting closer and closer to having to make one myself.

Lily Mulholland said...

Ooh I love your new banner Dawn :)

That flying geese quilt looks fantastic - I like the simple design, and the colours against the dark is inspired!

Tonya Ricucci said...

That Think Pink quilt would be great to have in the exam room - something fun to look at while they're doing the mammogram. Pretty border fabric.

KC Quilter said...

Great, great, great quilts--all! And your banner is wonderful. Would love to know how to do THAT!!

quiltpixie said...

these are great. The flying geese just jump off that dark border... and the strips give the owner lots to look at :-)

Dianne said...

Think Pink is just beautiful, Dawn. And I really love the border fabric...do you remember whose it is?

Also, I've made lots of flying geese units to use in a variety of quilts, but never thought to do them with a dark background...yours look SO good! I think there's going to be something similar in my future...thanks for posting it!

Darcie said...

Your friend will love her "Think Pink" quilt from you! You're the sweetest! I hope that she has a place to display it for all to see.

Love that gal's Flying Geese. Is that chocolate brown? Love it!

Your strippy bar quilt is darling. That's a great way to use up things that you love...or USED to love!

Lucy said...

I love them all and the geeses are so cute ad great !! lucky one who received your strippy quilt.