Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Just a few more quilt pics

Just a few more fun quilts from camp. These were samples of scrap ideas and some that were made at camp. I"m off to see "Wicked" today - I can't wait! The quilt above Linda's sister in law made at camp - isn't it wonderful! She had all the blocks made, but put them all together and the borders at camp. It is a HUGE Kind size for a wedding present! I really love the look.


This one was amazing! It is all 1" finished squares of scraps! Garnet brought it for inspiration - and boy was it ever inspiration! You just can't capture the beauty in a picture. It is totally amazing.

The below 2 quilts are antiques that someone brought. Aren't they great! I love that top one - it caught my eye right away. The one below it was really striking also. It had a really unique design. Oh there was so much to see at camp! I was in heaven!


13 comments from wonderful readers:

Libby said...

Oh my - each quilt is just delicious. I can see how they would have been so very inspiring.
Enjoy Wicked. We got to see it at the end of July and LOVED it. We waited over a year from the time we purchased the tickets and it was worth the wait. I can't wait to hear what you think.

Hedgehog said...

I just LOVE that one with the one inch squares! Thanks for sharing all of these.

Jeanne said...

Oh, those teeny 1" squares are mind-boggling!
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking ! Lucky you for having such quilt camps ! I wish we had some, here in Belgium !

I have promised my bee to let them see your pictures, when they come, as many of them don't have the Internet.....

Lily Mulholland said...

I love the first one - it would look great on any bed and men would like it too I think.

Thanks for sharing the photos Dawn. It seems like you had a fantastic time :)

quiltpixie said...

I can't imagine cutting all those 1 1/2 inch squares!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

All very fun quilts - seeing so many different patterns and variations is so inspiring!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Tazzie said...

Wow! I love all the quilts, they certainly would have been inspirational for you!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Tonya Ricucci said...

Gorgeous quilts. love that postage stamp quilt. I'd actually considered making one of those, but never actually got around to cutting a 1.5" scrap from each bit of fabric..... that alone would take ages. thanks for the pics!

Sue said...

Thanks for sharing the quilts, they're beautiful. I can't even imagine making a quilt that big from 1.5" squares, that IS amazing.

Lucy said...

The string quilt is gorgeous !

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh please please post how you liked Wicked. I adore the music and wanted so much to see it but didn't manage it.

Darcie said...

Oh my! Inspiration?!? Overwhelming! Love Garnet's quilt. Did she share any tips or anything with you? How did she quilt it?