Monday, September 04, 2006

Just a few more things I"m finishing up

Just a few more pics of stuff I"m finishing up before I leave and start new projects! Above is my newest snowman from my Hot Chocolate BOM! OK, so I"m actually a few months behind and have more waiting to be done. But at least I finished this one - and this one had a TON of pieces! And here is the quilt so far - isn't it adorable! Notice the star snowman - guess that gave away where I got the pattern from for my camp snowman!

We also need a mitten to hang up at camp for people to drop little pieces of candy and treats in if they wish. Well I didn't have any mittens, and some ladies are bringing oven mitts, well I use pot holders so didn't have that either! So I made a snowman canister! I think he will work!


OK, it is now time to start pulling stash and packing it in my mesh laundry bags I bought so I could take lots and lots of stash!

21 comments from wonderful readers:

Leah S said...

I like the snowman canister! How tall is it?

Nadine said...

Wonderful blocks, love them : sooo cute ! Beautiful color choices...

Bravo ! Have a good camp and... don't forget to tell us !

Kind regards,
NADINE

Karen said...

What an adorable canister! So bright and cheery. Love the peppermint stripe rim.

Screen Door said...

I love the snowmen-- you''re ready for winter. Do you get lots of snow?
Melanie

Hedgehog said...

Cute snowmen! I've never made a canister - anyone have a tutorial out there?!

ForestJane said...

Looking good!

How long will you be gone for? A week? Two weeks?

Ann said...

I LOVE the snowman canister! The blocks are great, too. Have fun at camp! I'm so looking forward to going to the quilt retreat in Memphis where I get to meet ForestJane in person!!

quiltpixie said...

what a great canister... so versatile come hte christmas season too.

May Britt said...

A beautiful snowman canister.Is it a Nancy Halvorsen pattern?? Love it. A great idea for gifts for friends.

May Britt said...

Forgot to say: Have a nice quilt reatreat. Remember to take a lot of photos to share with us.

Darcie said...

He's adorable! You're so good!

I like your idea for mesh laundry bags. They'll be very *squishable.* And plus...with high school and college kids...you'll always have enough laundry bags to pack their NOW-CLEAN clothes into when they're ready to head back to college.

Lucy said...

OOOhhhh Dawn this is awesome!! I have already my coat on for to do groceries... but I need first to tell you that I like these snowmans very much!! Can't wait to meet you in Paducah!

Cynthia said...

hi, just wanted to say i love the snowman canister. Your snowmen quilt is looking very nice. Will be back to see more progress on it.

Joanne said...

Your snowmen are adorable. Have a ball at camp!

Jennifer said...

That canister is so cute!! I have a pattern for something similar that I haven't made yet ... one of these days .... Have fun at camp!

Tonya R said...

snowman canister is very cute. the email I'm trying to send you keeps getting bounced back. thank you so much for the magazines - they were a life saver and a welcome change of pace after a hard day of packing.

Sandra said...

I love both your primitive houses (so warm and inviting) and the snowmen quilts (so very very cute). I wish we had snow in Queensland!

jpquilter said...

fun blocks - hope you had a lot of fun with your stash - can't wait to see what you made - Juliann

Lily said...

Very cute Dawn :)

Have a great time at camp!

Nadine said...

Oh, what a cute head=blog image ! Where did you find such nice drawings, you lucky girl ?

(curious) NADINE

Tazzie said...

I love love love that snowman cannister! Awesome!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)