Monday, September 04, 2006

Just a few more things I"m finishing up

Just a few more pics of stuff I"m finishing up before I leave and start new projects! Above is my newest snowman from my Hot Chocolate BOM! OK, so I"m actually a few months behind and have more waiting to be done. But at least I finished this one - and this one had a TON of pieces! And here is the quilt so far - isn't it adorable! Notice the star snowman - guess that gave away where I got the pattern from for my camp snowman!

We also need a mitten to hang up at camp for people to drop little pieces of candy and treats in if they wish. Well I didn't have any mittens, and some ladies are bringing oven mitts, well I use pot holders so didn't have that either! So I made a snowman canister! I think he will work!


OK, it is now time to start pulling stash and packing it in my mesh laundry bags I bought so I could take lots and lots of stash!

21 comments from wonderful readers:

Leah Spencer said...

I like the snowman canister! How tall is it?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blocks, love them : sooo cute ! Beautiful color choices...

Bravo ! Have a good camp and... don't forget to tell us !

Kind regards,
NADINE

sewprimitive karen said...

What an adorable canister! So bright and cheery. Love the peppermint stripe rim.

Melanie said...

I love the snowmen-- you''re ready for winter. Do you get lots of snow?
Melanie

Hedgehog said...

Cute snowmen! I've never made a canister - anyone have a tutorial out there?!

ForestJane said...

Looking good!

How long will you be gone for? A week? Two weeks?

Ann said...

I LOVE the snowman canister! The blocks are great, too. Have fun at camp! I'm so looking forward to going to the quilt retreat in Memphis where I get to meet ForestJane in person!!

quiltpixie said...

what a great canister... so versatile come hte christmas season too.

May Britt said...

A beautiful snowman canister.Is it a Nancy Halvorsen pattern?? Love it. A great idea for gifts for friends.

May Britt said...

Forgot to say: Have a nice quilt reatreat. Remember to take a lot of photos to share with us.

Darcie said...

He's adorable! You're so good!

I like your idea for mesh laundry bags. They'll be very *squishable.* And plus...with high school and college kids...you'll always have enough laundry bags to pack their NOW-CLEAN clothes into when they're ready to head back to college.

Lucy said...

OOOhhhh Dawn this is awesome!! I have already my coat on for to do groceries... but I need first to tell you that I like these snowmans very much!! Can't wait to meet you in Paducah!

Cynthia said...

hi, just wanted to say i love the snowman canister. Your snowmen quilt is looking very nice. Will be back to see more progress on it.

Joanne said...

Your snowmen are adorable. Have a ball at camp!

Jennifer said...

That canister is so cute!! I have a pattern for something similar that I haven't made yet ... one of these days .... Have fun at camp!

Tonya Ricucci said...

snowman canister is very cute. the email I'm trying to send you keeps getting bounced back. thank you so much for the magazines - they were a life saver and a welcome change of pace after a hard day of packing.

Anonymous said...

I love both your primitive houses (so warm and inviting) and the snowmen quilts (so very very cute). I wish we had snow in Queensland!

Juliann in WA said...

fun blocks - hope you had a lot of fun with your stash - can't wait to see what you made - Juliann

Lily Mulholland said...

Very cute Dawn :)

Have a great time at camp!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a cute head=blog image ! Where did you find such nice drawings, you lucky girl ?

(curious) NADINE

Tazzie said...

I love love love that snowman cannister! Awesome!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)