Monday, September 18, 2006

Welcome to Nancy

If you love primitive/folk art quilts you have to visit my friends Nancy's new blog! Her stuff is just awesome, and I LOVE the area she lives in. My dream is to go live in her new quilt studio! I've "known" Nancy for years on yahoo groups and she finally started her own blog. So go check it out. You'll love the quilts she already has posted.

And I had to edit my post to include the picture above. I just went out to Karen's blog and she posted a picture of this awesome maple leaf like antique quilt. It is WONDERFUL. Anyway, once I looked at it, I realized it was my "Men At Work" quilt I started last November at a retreat! I have all the blocks sewn into rows, but just never finished sewing the rows together. That is on my soon "to do" list. Anyway it is called Men at Work because look how the blocks look turned like this - they look like the men on the men at work signs! I was going to do simple cross-hatching on this quilt but the fans look so good on Karen's I'm reconsidering.....

11 comments from wonderful readers:

Hedgehog said...

I love the title 'men at work'!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Man, I didn't even realize that was the same block. Fans are the superior method of quilting after all ;-)

quiltpixie said...

wonderful tilte

Nancy in MT said...

Dawn, thanks for the intro, and you're welcome to the studio for now if you don't need running water, heat or electricity, life in Montana for now.

Nancy said...

I know this block as Birds in the Air but I like your Men at Work better. :-)

Nancy said...

Oops, sorry that should have been Darting Birds. I had a brain fart moment there. LOL!

Libby said...

Men at Work -- that's a great name. Looks like a fun quilt.

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh my goodness me look at the work in those blocks!

LOL at the quilted fans talk!

Darlene said...

Dawn, I had a dream about your Men at Work quilt - I couldn't remember where I'd seen it and lo and behold here's another picture on your blog. I absolutely love that quilt. We have alot of highway construction happening "all" the time and see those Men at Work signs everywhere - Need to make a quilt like yours. Can you direct me to a pattern, block, measurements? Anything! Thanks so much.

Darcie said...

I'm LOL! Remember "Men at Work"...the musical group?!? What a blast from the past you've given me, Dawn!

My! How big (or small) will those blocks finish?

sewprimitive karen said...

Dawn, your Men at Work blocks look great. I couldn't picture how that maple leaf block would look like men until I saw your photos! Also love the teeny houses.