Sunday, September 03, 2006

I"m getting ready for camp!!!!

Well I should be getting ready for camp anyway! I"ve been working on odds and ends all weekend to get ready for camp. #1 project is my liberated log cabins which I had really wanted to have quilted by then for inspiration. Well I got the trapunto all quilted and around, but now I need to fill in around it - so it isn't going to happen. Guess they will see it as a safari project - "sew-fari" so-goodie!


But I did get month 4 done on my primitive houses quilt! OK, so I didn't need to get this done for camp, but I got it in the mail the other day and had to do something fun! Above is the month 4 section and that is added onto months 1 & 2. I haven't sew month 3 yet, but that goes in the next row anyway.


But for camp I did have to make a snowman block for a block exchange. The theme is Snowbound, and the snowball block is kind of the theme block. So here is my snowman for the drawing. Isn't he cute! I hope the ladies like him. I can't wait to see them all!

Well back to getting things together for camp! I still have tons to do!

13 comments from wonderful readers:

quiltpixie said...

love the snowman. He'll be a real hit. Have a great time :-)

Susan said...

He *is* cute! You are getting an amazing amount finished. Hope camp is just fabulous, and you come home filled with lots of new ideas for things you can't wait to do.

May Britt said...

Have a wonderful quiltcamp!!! Be sure to pack all the stuff you need, and remember to bring the extras. I did, and the fabric I needed was back home LOL
Your primitive house BOM is beautiful. Have not seen this BOM before in Norway.

ForestJane said...

He's adorable! (The snowman, I mean) I really like the scarf he's wearing.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

He IS a cutie-pie snowman! It will be fun to see what everyone else made for their snowman block too! Have lots of fun!

Also - I like your progress on your houses.

Cheers!

Evelyn

sewprimitive karen said...

Camp sounds like great fun. Is it the three of you? Where are you going? Your project quilt is so pretty and looks great for using up FQs.

Melanie said...

I love your blocks. I'm still charmed with the bom house qult. I hope it comes out in a book one day. Have fun.

Melanie

Darlene said...

Love your primitive house - especially the stretched hearts. They really speak to me! :-)

Oh, the snowman is darling - he'll be a hit. I hope you get pictures of the others and share with us!

Finn said...

What a great snowman Dawn, I love him..almost as much as the ones in your Hot Chocolate BOM...LOL
The prim houses look great too! Have a wonderful time at camp, see you when you get back! Hugs, Finn

Darcie said...

You said: "sew-fari" so-goodie. You're just too funny!!! I'm LOL!!!

Your Snowbound camp sounds like such fun. Everyone is going to love your little hotchoc snowperson. Or...is that a hot cappucino?!

Don't go without saying good-bye!!!

Lynn Dykstra said...

I really like the house quilt

Estrella said...

Que bonito lo que haces , me gusta mucho el estilo country es muy desenfadado


That pretty what beams, I like much the style country is very self-assured

Laura said...

Once again you hav outdone yourself! Love the snowman block, I didn't even get one done, and the cannister is the best! Can't wait to see you!