Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bonnie's 9 patch trick...



So Bonnie, is this the right idea? After you have all your blocks done and together you only have to cut and build sashing and cornerstones then for 2 outside sides?

Yup today I"m playing. I"ll have more play stuff later!

9 comments from wonderful readers:

Anonymous said...

Isn't this just tooooo clever!?
I'm going to play with it this week, too.
Jeanne :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm . . . I like where you are going with that 9-patch. I'll be watching for the update.

Unknown said...

Well done that girl - it seems so simple - might have to have a play at that one

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing, except I printed out a bunch of 9-patches from EQ. Isn't it a neat idea?

Anonymous said...

I just did a very similar thing. The difference -- 9 patches are random; after slicing, they were put back so the now long, narrow strips for a sort of windmill. Have fun playing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn - Yes, this is correct. However, it is NOT my design. The credit needs to go to Nancy Brenan Daniels. It is a great idea and is fun to make. She also has other ideas on the same principle - making a nine-patch and then cutting it and re-sewing. The double-cut nine-patch sure makes the sashing and cornerstone a breeze to make!

Anonymous said...

I love the 9 patch trick...someone in my guild demo-ed this a while back and I've been meanting to try it out, but haven't yet. Very cool.

And your scrappy projects are so fun! I like the idea of doing so many at once, you haul the stuff our and cut pieces once and reap the rewards in spades!

Anonymous said...

oh my !oh my! girlfriend, you sure know how to play!
love the idea of those 9 patches, and you are absolutely right about that green fabric! It is perfect.
One day I really want to come out and play with you lol...keep playing, you done good *smile*

Lucy said...

LOVELY... what a idea !!