Friday, January 05, 2007

Featherweight Fun & Strippy Coins

I've only been wanting to make a pouch and cover for my featherweight table arm now for ages. Well since September when I saw Judy at Quilting with Ragdolls (see Sept 17th & 18th) make them. She got her featherweight about the same time I did so of course it stuck in my brain! So last night I got mine made! Wooo Hoo!!!!


And then I finally started my string coin quilt I've been wanting to make. A friend of mine has made a bunch of them and she sent me her leftover strips! So last night I got a good start! I think I"m going to make 5 rows and then I have this awesome fabric for the border - I won't tell, I have to leave something for you to look forward too! Below are Kathie's wonderful inspirations for this quilt!




16 comments from wonderful readers:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Dawn. So good that you are getting around to doing things that you had been putting off. Congratulations! I really like all those scrappy quilts. I need to pull together my scraps one of these days and make something like that.

Anonymous said...

You've got got some great inspiration for you coin project -- I spy some old favorites in there *s*

Anonymous said...

Your coin project is looking good. I can't wait to see it completed. The ones in the pics are terrific. I've never made a coin quilt - hmmmm. :-)

Anonymous said...

I got my tub o scraps out yesterday and a have a big bag of strips that are screaming at me, "make a coin quilt".

Your coin quilt is off to a great start.

Your pouch and cover are so cool.

Rae said...

It looks like you are off to a good start with your string coin quilt.

Anonymous said...

I love how the one on the bottom looks like tumblers...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're feeling MUCH better!!! Kids getting ready to go back to school? DS leaves Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Ooooo.... something else to make for my Featherweight:
• a pouch for an extension cord
• a cover for the table arm.

Thanks! /paula, the_quilter at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Your coins look great. What a wonderful cover for your featherweight...love the bag for the cord. What fun!

Anonymous said...

Your coin quilt is looking very nice - I'll be back to see how you finish it off. Also love your bag for the featherweight cord - very pretty!

Anonymous said...

The more string quilts I see, the more I like them - looking forward to seeing your new one finished :-)

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I'm sitting here laughing because you are one of the reasons I became a blogger, I "found" your blog and being a big old gabster I just had to comment-hence a blog! Now my quilting is so enhanced by the blogging experience but pretty much everytime I log in my list of quilts to make and ideas to try gets added to, as it has been today when I've looked at your new projects!! Thanks, I think, for all the motivation! Must go and Google that farming game to see if it is locatable here. Now that is an internet idea my husband will love! Tracey

Lucy said...

Dawn I am so happy with your little strippy quilt! I hang it above my Phone.. ( I use a old one show you later on my blog ) ..

Thank you !!!!!

KC Quilter said...

Oh, wow, love your FW cozies!!! I NEED to do that for my two babies. Love your coins quilt start. I am working on the calendar coin quilt (Pat Sloan group project--I think you maybe were on that list?) and hope to sew all the December coins together today.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Kathie's work is always so wonderful and how sweet of her to share strips with you. Very, very fun.

Anonymous said...

It's looking great of course. Why is it called a coin quilt?