Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Pineapple Wall Hanging

Well I wanted to finish binding this and get it washed so it gets that old wrinkly look, but that could be a few more days so I broke down and took a picture of it before I had it washed. Doesn't it look great! I hope in the second picture you can see the quilting better. I still have to finish sewing the binding down on the back but something came up so I had to drop this to finish up the secret project I've been working on. Don't worry, I'll be able to share it with you soon.

Some of you asked if this is a pattern. Actually it is just one block from a Fig Tree Quilts pattern and then I added the border. Oh and I enlarged the pattern to make an 18" block. Once I get this done and to the shop I get to pick something new and fun to work on! I can't wait!

12 comments from wonderful readers:

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Just enlarging the pattern and add borders can make a new quilt. Do you deliver this to the shop and then get a new pattern for free?? I looked at Fig tree quilts and found a lot of beautiful patterns. Have to study this link closer.

Anonymous said...

It's really beautiful Dawn, you must be thrilled. Enlarging a block is a great idea for a wallhanging, thank you so much for sharing!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Anonymous said...

Dawn it is just beautiful. Your quiting is great. Enlarging the block was a perfect idea. Thanks for sharing.

KC Quilter said...

Oh, Dawn, I just love your pineapple quilt! The colors are so yummy. Do you ever sell your shop samples?

Anonymous said...

Way to go, girl! That is gorgeous! I do love Fig Tree Quilts patterns. :~)

Anonymous said...

very fine your baltimora .I sow that you loves applique.
ciao ciao

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful. I always stand by the dryer waiting for the quilt to come out. There is just nothing like a freshly made quilt coming out of the dryer warm and wrinkly for the very first time *yummy*

Anonymous said...

I love the colours you have done your block in.

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Lovelovelove the echo quilting! And your applique is exquisite...I know!!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your appliqué is beautiful. Did you quilt on a domestic machine ?

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful quilt. Such a great idea to enlarge a single block!

Laura said...

The first thing that caught my eye on this quilt is the primitive looking border. And here you did this all on your own, I love it! I need that Fig Tree pattern!