Sunday, October 03, 2010

Things are just Figgy!

Look what I made this weekend! 2 fig pincushions that I won from Fig Tree Quilts! Aren't they cute!

I also made this fabric basket. I love how it turned out but boy it was harder than it looks. There is a really thick stiff interfacing (almost foam like) in each strip. It gives it a really nice firm side and bottom, but boy it makes it hard to sew!

10 comments from wonderful readers:

Barb said...

Your basket is just awesome....

antique quilter said...

that basket is just adorable though
sorry it was so hard to sew, maybe you can go down a level on the interfacing??? love the weaved look too!!!
oh my can't you see this filled with cards on the hall table at christmas time or hershey red and green kisses???? I can!
love the pears too, Ilove pin cushions !

Lori said...

The fig pin cushions are lovely!! The basket turned out so cute too despite any difficulties.

*karendianne. said...

aww, aren't those little figs so cute?! I wuv them. Cool basket but sounds like we're not going to see another one, eh?

Carole said...

How cute! Hum.... my business partner likes to use fusible fleece as a stiff base, yet flexible! Perhaps you would find that easier to work with. She uses it in all of her bags. I call her the bag lade! ;p Thanks for sharing! Wow, I actually got a real word for the verification! Really! ;o)

Vivian said...

The little fig pincushions are cute as can be.

The inside of some projects is sometimes the most frustrating thing, isn't it? And all anybody else sees is the lovely finished basket. Fabrics you used are interesting. In the photo, the gold fabric looks like wide slats of actual wood. Nice!

Browndirtcottage said...

Well who wouldn't just love those little figgy pears!!

I'm impressed you finished your oh so difficult little basket...I probable would have scrapped it!! But it is w-a-y cute...I'm glad you hung in there with it!!

Jan said...

Neat Basket and cute pin cushions.
How do manage to win things all the time? Lucky girl.

Marga (MarPie) said...

Pincushions are lovely.
Your basket is stunning, all your hard work realy makes it worth while.

Greetings,
Marga♥

susan said...

i need to get my hands on some of that "green" minky...too adorable they are