Monday, January 25, 2010

Miss Mary's was Wonderful!

Oh Miss Mary's was wonderful! I had such a good time visiting with friends I don't see very often, and LOTS of good eats. Say nothing of sewing time! I finished a project I started over a year ago and had packed up and just never got back to it. It is done!!!!

And from the scrap cut-off triangles I made this!

And look at this fabric I found!!! Isn't it wonderful! I told Laura she needed to design something around it for me so I had a "Laura Original Design"!!!


14 comments from wonderful readers:

Libby said...

What fun! Love the finished quilt (I always do *S*) And the new fabric is great . . . can't wait to see how you use it.

Barb said...

Beautiful! I love the black with that color pallet - and the leftover quilt - adorable!

Michelle said...

Those are beautiful quilts!

antique quilter said...

looks great!
oh I am so glad you had fun
hey I would love a Laura original design quilt too!
that fabric looks wonderful
so what else did you work on ?????
great bonus quilt btw!!!! will you border it?

Unknown said...

Love your finished quilt. Is it a pattern that's available? Also what a great use for the leftover triangles.

Karen said...

I'm glad you got back to your quilt project because it is a very good one!

I like to use big print fabrics like the one you show. Sort of a paisley type design.

Lori said...

Excellent eye candy! I especially love the bonus quilt:)
The fabric is amazing!!!

MARCIE said...

Great quilt Dawn! And I love the little one with the scraps! Totally fun!

Deb said...

oh I wish I could be a piece of your stash and made into a quilt.. you make amazing quilts and then with the scraps it is twice as amazing!! love love love this set you did!!

Meredith said...

What a cute left over
that fabric is really cool

Pieced Pastimes said...

Your 'finished' quilt is lovely and the I really like the 'leftover' top. Finishing a project always feels so good.

SubeeSews said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I love the colors. And your fabric find would make a great border for your triangle bonus top.
Arn't retreats wonderful?
Subee

Holly @ Hello Audrey Ruth said...

Cool Quilt Mom!!

Jenni said...

I love the fabric - I find myself buying big paisley/chintz fabrics these days too.