Tuesday, January 26, 2010

More Miss Mary's Fun output....

Thought I would share a bit more of my projects I worked on at Miss Mary's. First off I worked on some Confetti Cake blocks. I won this pattern this summer from The Pattern Basket. Aren't they wonderful!


And then I saw this adorable fabric - A squirrels treasure map of where he hid his nuts! Isn't it fun. I had to make some pillow cases for myself out of it. We also had quite a discussion on squirrels finding their nuts. Someone thought they had learned on some show that they found only 70% of the nuts they hide. Needless to say we had a lot of laughter about that.


While I was on a roll, I had to make this adorable travel pillow case they had kitted up at Quilters Harvest, the store next door to Miss Mary's.

10 comments from wonderful readers:

Rose Marie said...

Love, love, love those Confetti Cake blocks!!!

Barb said...

Love your blocks and that fabric is so fun!!

Chookyblue...... said...

love the confetti cake blocks.........I have plans to make a quilt one day with these blocks........

Janet said...

Fun projects and I have the confetti blocks pattern, this makes me want to do it even more.

antique quilter said...

oh Dawn love those confetti blocks, great pattern, what size are the blocks?
ok, the pillow cases are adorable
LOVE the travel size one, my DD would love that fabric
Kathie

Karen said...

The Confetti Cake blocks looks like a lot of sewing but worth it. I like the fabrics you used for them.

The squirrel fabric is very cute and very different.

Lori said...

Cutre pillow cases and what a great way to use some happy fabric.
I love the confetti blocks!!!Wonderful pattern, great piecing.

Karen said...

I love those confetti cake blocks!! I've been thinking about using this pattern as a future project. What fun fabric you used for the pillow cases!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the confetti cake quilt is going to be stunning! Lizzie

Jan said...

You sure got a lot done after I left. The squirrel fabric made up so cute in Pillow cases. Anxious to try the Confetti Cake blocks. However, they will never be as perfect as yours. They are wonderful.