Friday, January 06, 2006

A Few Questions Answered

I keep forgetting to answer a few questions left in my comments for those of you who don't have emails to reply to - so I'll try and do so now. Hope you find what you were looking for!

Aunt Mary's Quilt

Someone wanted to know the name of the block. It is a variation of the Carpenter's Wheel. I've seen the Carpenter's wheel with different corners and without the star in the middle. But basically it is a carpenter's wheel block.

No label on it - but I want to do one. I first want to see if my mom happens to have any pictures of Aunt Mary to put on it!

Needle Punching

Someone wanted to know how much floss I went through with my needle punches. For both of them I only used parts of one skein, but maybe broke into a second of the red background for the willow tree one.

Raffle Quilts

No way am I going to let them fail Emily so they can get another quilt out of this lady!!!! :) No way. This is child #4 who has gone through that school and they have had 4 8th-grade quilts for the raffle and several quilts through the years for special teachers or occasions. I'm DONE! In fact took them to the quilter today! Wooo Hooo!!!!

Also someone wanted to know how long they took. Well since I worked on them on and off while I was sick I don't really recall, but I would say about 4-5 hours for the willow tree one and maybe about 6 or 7 on the house one.

0 comments from wonderful readers: