Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Really Fun Gift

I forgot to show you all another really fun gift I got from my mom for Christmas! It was the cutest little singer sewing machine sewing box! It came filled with all kinds of cheap threads and pins of course, but the treasure was really the box!

It is made of something resin like and the top slides off to find a box for sewing stuff. And I found a $50 bill tucked inside to spend on any quilt stuff I wanted!

I'll tell you - that was a great surprise too! But the box is adorable! I've got to find someplace really fun to put it!

10 comments from wonderful readers:

Patty said...

What a cute little treasure box.

Laurie Ann said...

Very adorable. Your Mother knows you well. And the $50 ... that'll be fun to spend too. Mad money!!!

The Calico Cat said...

Very cute, at my bridal shower I got a "shirt" made out of $5 bills.

Finn said...

Wow Dawn, what a neat present..you'll have fun spending that I'll bet..*VBG*

Lucy said...

Oh dawn,, I have never seen such a cutie box like this !!! What a great gift !! also the $$ enjoy spending it .. I think you have already ideas for that

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous present! At first I thought it was a real little machine LOL - looks great with your cute quilt.

Joanne said...

Great gift, Dawn. Lucky you!

quiltpixie said...

What a wonderful storage box. $50 will no doubt fill it with lots of goodies!

Nines said...

Way to go, Mom!! Love the box. Won't that be a nice keepsake to have over the years? I also loved you little quilt with the free-form fans. Great colors.

Darcie said...

What a great Mom-to-daughter gift! I know the $50 won't last too long...but you'll have that box forever.