Wednesday, January 18, 2006

One more friend joins the blog world!

I have been bugging my friend Kathie to start blogging for a month now! And she was ready to do it, but life sometimes gets in the way - you know! Anyway, she finally broke down this morning and got her blog up!!!! I'm so excited! Above are her Gwen Marsten baskets she is working on!!! Aren't they the greatest! Read about them on her blog!

She is turning very "maverick" in her quilting and loves Bonnie's site! I also turned her on to Tonya's!

Like me she loves the old reproduction fabrics so of course they aren't those brights Tonya is waiting for me to use - but those lucious muted 1800's colors! Mmmmm! But I have seen a wilder side of Kathie! So you never know!

Anyway, her quilts are spectacular and she can churn them out (when life isn't interupting)! You will have to start visiting her blog!!!! 2 of my favorite projects she is working on are posted! Oh and Lucy - you will LOVE them - I told her all about your blog too and we watch it daily!

6 comments from wonderful readers:

Anonymous said...

Visited her blog and her blocks are great! Thanks for the link.

Lucy said...

I can't wait to see more from her :c) I love the baskets so much

Tonya Ricucci said...

I'm so glad Kathie started her blog. Love to see another quilter who's escaped the quilt police.

Quiltgranny said...

Oh man ! How can I get some of your productivity rubbed off on me? Love all the quilts you are showing, and I also went to see Kathie's blog, and love it too!

quiltpixie said...

These baskets are wonderful. I'd be tempted but for the applique of the handles and I'd just never get them done...

Cher said...

Great grade school quilt! love those bright colors...and nice quilting too. I remember that magazine and thinking I don't want to tackle those handles either lol... but now I see them in brights and may have to have a go at them after all, thanks for linking to her blog..another to enjoy reading!
Cher