Friday, January 20, 2006

It Came! It Came! It finally came!

Around the first week of Nov I had seen a blip in the Quilter's Newsletter or American Patchwork and Quilting magazine about this new cool quilt calculator that had just come out. I was intrigued, but it only was a small blip and no website to go check it out. So I thought - oh if it is new I'll see them everywhere at quilt shops and magazines.

Well, that night I went to guild and my friend Joan had just gotten back from Houston and pulls me over and says "hey look what I got at Houston"! Well it was that calculator I had just seen in the magazine that afternoon! I was so excited - I asked her all about it - it sounded really cool and worth the money. But then she laughs and says - "You'll never get one now. The company came with cases and cases of them and were so afraid they would have to tote so many of them back home. Well by Saturday morning of the show they were sold out! And they wouldn't have more until Jan!"

Not too long after that I got an email from a quilt shop saying the would be one of the first shops to get the new shipment in and as a bonus they were sending one of their books with it for free for having to wait. It was a book I was always curious about but didn't have so I figured why not!

Well it came today!!!!! The picture is above of what it looks like and here is the link to the "details" about it - Quilter's FabriCalc. On that page if you look just under the overview at the grey bar you can open up the user manual and reference guide to see what it does. Check them out! I have a new toy this weekend!!!!!

10 comments from wonderful readers:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT tool! I wonder if we can get one here in Oz? I'm ALWAYS asking DH quilty maths questions over and over again - good job he's patient LOL

Tracey said...

I have seen advertisements for those and wondered how well they worked. They looked complicated...so let us know how *easy* it is. ;o)

antique quilter said...

I want one too!
let me know what you think of it after you play with it for a week or so...
I love new toys!
Kathie

Quiltgranny said...

Wowsers! A new toy that actually works with quilts. What more could a girl of the 21st century ask? LOL! Be sure to report on it's benefits, OK?

Lucy said...

This is a tool we need to have in CM in the shop!!! You doin't know how many lasy's aer comming and want that I count what they need... for a quilt made by etc.etc. ( and not with the easy patterns )

Lucy said...

ps...with the second llok I see that you also can calculate in CM !!!! :c)

Cher said...

very cool-looking forward to your use and review on what you think!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Very cool! You'll have to let us know if it is something that you use all the time and find invaluable, or just use it a bit and it's fun, or end up not using it at all...that's my problem with electronic devices! *LOL*

Bonnie

Patty said...

I want one of those ! I need one of those !

Darcie said...

So how is the new toy, Dawn? Do we all need one?