Monday, January 23, 2006

Its a Wonderful Day!

The satellite guy just left and we are up and running! Even using 2 computers at once - AND - I can talk on the phone while on the internet! Now isn't that grand!

BUT BETTER YET! (but wait there's more!)
I got into the Gwen Marston class Friday Night! It is liberated log cabins! So of course I had to run to the fabric store today and get some fabric to play with! What fun would it have been if I used leftovers I had!

I already showed you the one sunburst I made this weekend. Here is the 2nd and my sunshine on my shoulders 30's style quilt. It is looking great I think! And wow how fast I could upload these pics!

Now to go visit blogs in new faster speed!

8 comments from wonderful readers:

Kay said...

Love your quilts! I particularly like the sunburst one, the quilted design in the border of the stepping stones charity one. I'm a new blogger too, and can identify with your friends.

Sarah said...

I love the 30's fabric quilt! Especially the sunburst blocks and the HUGE stars! Is this from a specific pattern? What is it's name?

Sarah

Leah Spencer said...

Yay for the internet! Everybody wins and no more whines! :)

I'm gonna have to do some web searching on Gwen Marston. I keep hearing about her and then confusing her with Roberta Horton... gotta get it all straightened out! :)

Tonya Ricucci said...

AAAAAHHHHHHHH! Can you hear me screaming and jumping up and down with joy? A liberated class with Gwennie. I am soooo envious and so happy for you all at the same time.
Oh, and hurray for your fast internet and the quilt looks great too, but ooooh a class with Gwen...

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt with its huge block! Can't wait to see it quilted :-)

Darcie said...

What a great couple of days for your Dawn! Woohoo for everything!!!

Your quilts are adorable!

Quiltgranny said...

Love the quilts, still! And I can hardly wait to hear about your time with Gwen. My trip to Ca (Empty Spools at Asilomar) with Gwen is coming up soon at the end of Feb. Of course, I am so excited, I can hardly stand stilL!

Laura said...

Good for you Dawn in getting the satellite hook up! And lucky you for getting in the class with Gwen!